Hatchpad is owned and operated by Hatchpad Ltd, registered in England and Wales with company number. Please address all correspondence to:
31a Tiverton Road,
You agree that in your use of this site:
- any information you provide on this site is accurate and reliable to the best of your knowledge (this includes all personal information, contact details and information related to property listings);
- you will not use Hatchpad to distribute any illegal, obscene or otherwise harmful material;
- you will not do anything to interfere with other users’ access to the site;
- you will not copy material from the Hatchpad site without our permission.
Risk and Information Quality
- Although we have features in place to maintain a high standard of information quality, hatchpad cannot make any absolute guarantee over the accuracy of any information supplied on this site.
- You should satisfy yourself of the accuracy of any and all information before entering into any contract or agreement. In particular, please verify the identity of any person to whom you are handing over money. You should not use pay holding deposits or similar payments before you have viewed a property and met the relevant parties.
- Material supplied on this site, including content on our blog and social media accounts, does not constitute legal advice and is supplied for information purposes only.
Use of the Service
- Hatchpad provides a marketplace for tenants to view and sign for properties with features to reduce the risks and administrative burden of the transaction, however we cannot provide any guarantee regarding the integrity of the information supplied on this site or its users.
- Hatchpad remains the data controller of user data in our possession, however in delivering our services, Hatchpad may from time to time transfer user data to you. You acknowledge that you are the data controller of all copies of user data made available to you by Redbrick Lets. You agree to observe and perform your obligations set out in data protection law, and in particular ensure that you only process user data where you have a lawful basis to do so as set out in data protection law.
- You should satisfy yourself of the accuracy of any and all information and of the integrity of all individuals you are transacting with before entering into any contract or agreement or making payments directly to them.
- Since the services we offer are non-tangible and irrevocable we cannot issue refunds after a listing or reference is commenced except at our sole discretion. Having said this we are committed to our customers and will make our best efforts to help you if you are not fully satisfied when using our paid services.
- We reserve the right to limit your activities on our sites (including, without limitation, restricting the number of properties you may list on our sites), if we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the hatchpad community or reduce our or another hatchpad user’s exposure to financial or other liabilities.
- We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or to modify or discontinue hatchpad listings. You agree not to hold hatchpad responsible for any loss you may incur as a result of hatchpad taking this action.
Fair Use Policy
- In order to protect all agents using our system, and the tenants enquiring, we reserve the right to take down listings if we deem them to be abusing the system. We do this to prevent spam, stop harvesting of tenant details, and to encourage all adverts to portray a true representation of the available property.
- Although we don't expect our fair usage limits to be breached by genuine agents, we reserve the right to remove or limit all adverts which are generating disproportionately high number of viewing requests, or where 3 months has elapsed from the time of publishing the advert.
- When a tenant signs up for a property, we will require them to pay a Holding Deposit of £50 per student to take the property off the market for a maximum of 7 days.
- The Holding Deposit will be treated as a part payment towards the tenancy deposit.
- Payment of the Holding Deposit confirms that the tenant is applying to rent the property in question and commits them to move in to the property on the agreed date.
- Once the Holding Deposit has been paid, the property will no longer appear in searches on the hatchpad platform while the tenant's application is active.
- Once the Holding Deposit is paid by the tenant, the agent/landlord has full discretion on whether to accept the tenant's application, including but not limited to requiring referencing or meeting the tenant in person.
- Should a tenant subsequently cancel or abandon their application to rent the property in question, the Holding Deposit will not be returned.
- If for other reasons the application is not successful - for example if the landlord/agent rejects the tenant's application or referencing is unsatisfactory - the Holding Deposit will be returned to the tenant.
- In the case that a agent requests referencing, they must do so themselves through existing procedures they have in place.
- Hatchpads relationship to all documents completed using the service is that of a trusted, disinterested third party. Accordingly, hatchpad disclaims any representations of any kind regarding the documents that pass through the service. You are responsible for recognizing the parties of interest in all transactions you complete using the service and assessing all associated risks.
- You expressly understand and agree that hatchpad shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if such hatchpad has been advised of the possibility thereof), and including damages resulting from: (i) any document or transaction sent through the service; (ii) the use or inability to use the service, including errors, interruptions or delays; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your documents or transmissions; or (iv) any other matter relating to the service.
Tenancy Deposits & Rent Payments
- Tenancies will registered through your letting agency agency through an accreditted/licensed tenancy deposit scheme.
- Instalments of rent will be paid by the tenant direct to the landlord/agent when they become due according to the tenancy agreement.
- In operating this service hatchpad will make its best efforts, however we (including our affiliates, officers, directors, agents, subcontractors and employees) will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any liabilities, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) incurred or suffered by you or any third party in connection with its use.
Legal Disclaimer on Use of hatchpad
- Except where provided elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we (including our affiliates, officers, directors, agents, subcontractors and employees) will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any liabilities, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) incurred or suffered by you or any third party in connection with this site, or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of this site, any sites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
- We are not liable for any consequences or loss from your use of this website.
If you are not happy with the service you have received we endeavour to rectify this where possible. If you would like to make a complaint please put this in writing and include the following information: full name, address, telephone number, the issue which the complaint relates to and any supporting documentation relating to your complaint.
All complaints must be made in writing and either sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to the following address:
31A Tiverton Road,
Once a complaint has been received we will aim to reply to it in writing within 14 working days however if the issue is more complex this can take up to a maximum of 28 working days. This complaints policy does not limit your right to complain to third parties if you are still not satisfied with the response received.